Monday, November 5, 2007

Ellis Island

My wife graduated from Cabrini College in Radnor, PA. Last month they celebrated their 50th Anniversary. To celebrate, we were invited to a black-tie event hosted on Ellis Island in New York to honor their patron Saint, Francesca Cabrini, the first immigrant saint. It was a marvelous night. It was my first visit ever to Ellis Island, and the first time I ever laid eyes on the Statue of Liberty.


Although it may sound boring, I found one of the most interesting parts of the evening waiting in line to go through security and board our private ferry to the island. There were so many sights to see, and we were there right as the sun was starting to set. The lights being cast around were breathtaking, and to be in the presence of such rich American history... well, you do the math. What came out were some amazing photos. Including the one I've chosen as the header for this Blog (which I also use on my business cards now).


Here are a few of the pictures I took:





No comments: