Well, after being rained out on Saturday (thanks to Tropical Depression Hanna), we finally made it out to the show on Sunday. It was a seriously cool, but humbling experience. It was a beautiful day. We had a great spot, my setup looked great as you can see in the attached pics.
The humbling part was to be in the presence of so many highly talented artists. There were all types and sizes and styles. It was an impressive display of talent. In a way, I think it was artistic overload. There was so much to see and take in, that I don't know how any one patron could focus on any one artist. Only a few artists seemed to be selling alot of work. I didn't sell barely anything. I sold 1 4x6 print, and 1 5x7 print for a whopping $20. Thankfully I wasn't really there for the profit. I didn't win any of the awards, either. The folks that won were very deserving. Their work was amazing.
But I take solace in the fact that I was there. I showed at Chadds Ford. I got to sit there in my booth all day long and talk to strangers about my art. I got to listen to live music and enjoy the sunshine all day long. I got to meet new people. I got to hand out dozens of business cards. I was there. It really was a great day. I can't wait to go again next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment